I am back

It has been long since I have consistently blogged. I am going to try to keep up with it again...enjoy :)

Monday, June 25, 2007

My Spot



This is what I like to call my spot. It is about a ten minute walk or five minute bike ride from my house in Irvine. I love it...I go there pretty much every day to think and pray. A lot of times when I am on a run I will stop there and do some crunches and then I can't help but sit there for a little while because it is so pretty and peaceful. Today when I was there I was praying through Psalm 63. "Oh God you are my God, earnestly I seek you. My sould thirsts for you, my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water..." Read the rest the rest. :) It is one of my favorite psalms. Every time I go there I will try not to bring my phone so that there are no distractions. I think it is important to have a place like this. A place where we will not be distracted, a place where we can sit in silence and focus on what the Lord might have to say to us.



I have realized that I do not take enough time out of my day to just be quiet and listen. So often I pray for answers, but then fill my day, or crowd my mind with other noises, and wonder why the Lord does not seem to be listening. So....I am thankful for my spot, which really turns out to be HIS spot :)

8 comments:

RobinDayle said...

I love you oh-so-much.
Oh, and re-read your blog. When you said, "read the rest the rest"...did you mean to say it twice? Because I pictured you saying it like that in my head. haha.
See you tomorrow night?

christie said...

I don't have a quiet place... I don't think Corona has any... and if they do, they're all brown.

and rob yeah i could hear her saying it twice on purpose.

christie said...

p.s. maybe it is good that you have this blog ash, so after 9 years i can actually hear what it is that goes on in that head of yours :)

Samuel B Cannon said...

The opposite of quiet would be those guys last night! Man that was crazy. Did you guys have a good time?

Samuel B Cannon said...

hey. yeah, traveling friend trip would be sweet! but yeah, I still had fun. It was great seeing all of you, It just got a little loud and I was just down for chilling and stuff. So yeah, next time will be good too.

christie said...

i like how you have links to all these other kids but no link to my blog... oh it's cool, i've only had a blog for over a year ya know. And we've only been friends for 8 years... no biggie

Anonymous said...

hey love, miss you. you should call me when you get a sec, we're moving in 6weeks! Too soon.

A.J. Soldo said...

I like your spot very much. Pretty much any place by the water can be a good spot. So now I have to show you my spot. It is a little harder to get to than yours though, and there might be some rattlesnakes...eeeehhhh.