I am back

It has been long since I have consistently blogged. I am going to try to keep up with it again...enjoy :)

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back at CBU..

So...it has been a while since I have last blogged because I have been so busy. At this very moment I am on a dinner break from choir camp. I needed a little time alone and away so I thought I would come back to my apt. Anyways...I have been back at school for about a week now. It was strange at first and I think I had a little bit of a hard time. A lot of my friends graduated, I am now the oldest FOCUS leader, everyone kept asking me why I didn't graduate, some relationships have changed, and to be completely honest I felt a little alone. Pathetic, I know. However, it all turned out to be a blessing. It has forced me to cling to the Lord and deny my selfishness. I think God has humbled me this week, and I am so thankful for that. I have been learning a lot lately. God is good and faithful. I have been amazed at his steadfast love and faithfulness.

The FOCUS team has been practicing skits to get ready for the new student orientation. I am in the world's apart skit once again. Yes...I get to be the drinker. The skit itself is so powerful. It has reminded me of his grace. In the midst of our sin, he still loves us and waits with arms open. We try and try to overcome it on our own, but we can't. That is when he picks us up and helps us across. Christ is the only one that can bridge the gap of sin in our lives. Knowing this...how can I keep from praising him? I cannot

3 comments:

janelle said...

i just want you to know you are not alone in feeling alone (haha). i know that our lives are very different and we are experiencing different changes, but i can tell you i have felt very alone too. it is amazing how it often take us feeling lonely to truly cling to Him (at least for me anyway). love you ash, and know that i am ALWAYS here. i look forward to this year and the opportunity to spend more time with you.

RobinDayle said...

I love you....thank you for loving me.
You are such a good best friend, and I am undeserving.
Call me this week, or come by the bookstore when you have a break.
loveloveloveyou.

Anonymous said...

isn't change in life refreshing? not really. its been so weird trying to find a new groove. there's a reason He never changes.