I am back

It has been long since I have consistently blogged. I am going to try to keep up with it again...enjoy :)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some random thoughts for the week




HOPE-
I have been thinking a lot about this word these past few weeks. Do I really understand it? Not to its full meaning I am sure, but I am thankful for the little bit of understanding that the Lord has given me. Often I struggle with putting my hope in anything that I think will bring satisfaction in this life. I think a lot of times I am even unaware that I do this, until the Lord searches me in and out and brings it to my attention. I have been humbled time after time for this. The Lord is constantly trying to grasp my heart and turn my focus back on Him. It wasn’t until this week that I have realized how many times God has reminded me that Christ is my only Hope. (countless) Which brings something else to mind; his abundant grace and overflowing mercy blows me away.

Anyways...knowing that God desires for me to know the Hope to which he has called me gives me more Hope…a feeling of trust and security. “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope, without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:23 So many verses in the bible talk about Hope. “I hope in your word.” Psalm 119:81 The word of God itself is my hope in life. This is a subject that I could write and think about for hours upon hours and still never be able to fully cover it. I am constantly learning more and more about the meaning of hope as the Lord molds me and directs my every path. Romans 12:12 says to rejoice in hope. It is Christ working in me that brings me joy. I am grateful for that joy and I desire for him to receive all the glory for the joy that is shown through me. Thank God that the hope of His glory does not depend on me, but Christ who is working in me.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Ashley, I didn't even know you had a blog...yay! Know I can blog-stock you too!

It's good to hear the ways God is growing you. He is amazing!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. any friend of melisaa & kim's is a friend of mine :-)

hope. i needed to read your post today (after some disappointing news) and be directed to those great verses. God just knew i needed to hear about His faithfulness and grace.

Merea said...

Ashley,
I am glad you blog like me. Sharing about what God is teaching. There are some who just blog about the day they had. I appreciate when I can read and learn more about you. Thanks for shouting my name at the wedding. =)

christie said...

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/20/280529.aspx?GT1=10150



Did you let your squirrels go on a little trip? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I appreciate this blog and I am glad to hear a little of how the Lord is at work in your life. I have thought a lot about hope this summer as well maybe one day we can really share our thoughts. I pray you are doing well. take care friend.