I am back

It has been long since I have consistently blogged. I am going to try to keep up with it again...enjoy :)

Monday, July 30, 2007

Wait

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.” Psalm 37:7
Oh to wait on the Lord… what a difficult task. I have learned a lot this summer. One thing that has been put to the test is my patience and my ability to wait. It is hard. I get extremely anxious and frustrate myself by trying to figure out answers, answers that are not for me to figure out. That is when God faithfully covers me with grace and peace and reminds me that he is in control. God is sovereign. Through life experience and stories from the bible we have come to find that his delays are always purposeful. When we dare to live by his timing great things are bound to happen. “They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not grow weary; they shall walk and not be faint. “ Isaiah 40:31 Certainly we all like the idea of renewed strength, soaring high, running without weariness and walking without getting tired. But…we must wait for the Lord. I am writing this as a reminder to myself. To wait, and hold fast to what is good and true. God has always shown his faithfulness. Why would he all of a sudden stop?

1 comment:

RobinDayle said...

Thanks for writing this Ash. It's a good reminder for me today, as I struggle with ownership of my "pen"...I know He is writing something beautiful for me.

I love you Ash.